Expectant parents would be more or less nervous about the health of the fetus while looking forward to the arrival of a new life. Through 2D fetal ultrasound examination, the fetal heart rate, size, fetal position, amniotic fluid volume and placental position can be evaluated. Also, you can see the appearance of the fetus in the womb, and hence understand your baby’s growth. If your baby is growing normally, you will be more at ease.
- 2D Ultrasound (Vaginal / Abdominal)
- Consultation with an Obstetrician
Estimated checkup time: 30-45 minutes
Pregnant women can receive 2D fetal ultrasound of pregnancy, as a part of prenatal examinations. It is recommended that pregnant women discuss with their obstetricians on the checkup items and frequency in different stages of pregnancy.
Know more about fetal ultrasound for pregnant women
Ultrasound for pregnant women or fetal ultrasound is a safe examination, which uses sound waves to produce images of a fetus in the uterus.
- Before the fetal ultrasound, you might be asked to drink a certain amount of water. And you do not need to fast.
- During a fetal ultrasound, your doctor will apply a special gel to your abdomen or onto a vaginal probe of a transvaginal ultrasound and move the transducer back and forth over your abdomen or through vagina for scanning. The sound waves reflected off your baby’s bones and tissues will be converted into images through the ultrasound machine and displayed on a monitor.
There are two types of fetal ultrasound scan:
- Transvaginal (through the vagina): before 10 weeks of pregnancy. A long and thin transducer is covered with a plastic or latex sheath and is inserted into the vagina.
- Transabdominal (through the abdomen): after 10 weeks of pregnancy. It is a non-invasive imaging examination with a pretty simple procedure. During the procedure, you should not feel pain.
- Clinic address: Suite 1412, 14/F, Ocean Centre, Harbour City, 5 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
- Clinic opening hours: Mon to Fri 9:30am-1:00pm, 2:30pm-7:00pm; Sat 9:30am-2:00pm; Sun and public holidays closed
Terms & Conditions
- Once the online appointment and payment have been made, EJ Medical Specialist Centre will contact customers during office hours for appointment confirmation.
- The customers must show their identity documents on the day of the appointment for verifying the identity.
- All treatments will be handled by EJ Medical Specialist Centre’s on-site doctor who is a Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Cancellation and Refund: If the service is cancelled more than 48 hours in advance of the appointment time, the payment will be refunded subject to the deduction of 10% of the payment as handling charges and administrative fees. If the cancellation is made within 48 hours before the appointment, the payment is non-refundable. If the customer fails to attend to receive the service on the time specified in the booking whether with or without notice to FindDoc for any reasons or events not caused by FindDoc or its affiliate, FindDoc will not refund the monies paid for the service.
- In case of any dispute, EJ Medical Specialist Centre and FindDoc will have the right of final decision(s).
EJ Medical Specialist Centre is a full-specialist medical group in Hong Kong. Since our establishment in 2014, our experienced healthcare and customer service team have been committed to providing comprehensive medical services to our patients in Hong Kong, Macau, the Mainland China and Asian Countries.
EJ Medical Group has more than 60 specialists covering 26 specialties across our network. Our medical centre is located in Ocean Centre at the Harbour City in Tsim Sha Tsui district. The Tsim Sha Tsui Centre provides specialty services including General Surgery, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Otolaryngology and Orthopaedics and Traumatology.