Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women in Hong Kong. Roughly 1 out of 14 women in Hong Kong will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer. Early detection can increase the survival rate of breast cancer and reduce future medical expenses.
The purpose of breast screening is to detect patients with breast cancer early, often before symptoms develop. Timely treatment can prevent the cancer from worsening. Mammography is a commonly used method of breast cancer screening by X-ray of breasts.
Generally, it is recommended that women aged 40 or above receive mammogram imaging once every two years to detect breast tumors and lesions. People at high risk may need mammogram screening earlier.
- Digital Mammography 3D (3D Mammogram)
- Physical & Medical Examination by GP
- Face-to-face Report Interpretation by GP, and Comprehensive Health Assessment Report and Health recommendations by Doctor
Original Price: HK$4,350
Estimated checkup time: 1-1.5 hours (Mon-Fri); 1.5-2 hours (Sat)
Medical report time: around 7-10 working days after the completion of checkups
Who may be more likely to get breast cancer?
High risk factors of breast cancer include:
- Advancing age
- Individual or/and family history of breast cancer
- Individual or/and family history of certain genetic mutations
- Women with no kid or having their first child after 30, or who never breastfeed
- Women having first menses before 12 or menopause after 55
- History of benign breast conditions or lobular carcinoma in situ
- Having hormonal replacement therapy
- Using combined oral contraceptives
- Smoking, drinking and lack of exercise
Should I be screened for breast cancer?
Based on available international and local scientific evidence, the Government’s Cancer Expert Working Group on Cancer Prevention and Screening (CEWG) makes the recommendations on breast cancer screening for women at different risk profiles as follows:
- For women at high risk: Should seek advice from doctors and have mammogram screening every year.
- For women at moderate risk: Recommended to have mammogram screening every two years.
- For other women in the general population: Women aged 44-69 with certain combinations of personalised risk factors are at increased risk of breast cancer. It is recommended to consider mammogram screening every two years.
Click here to know more about the different risk factors of breast cancer and the detailed screening recommendations in the Pilot Program.
3D mammogram VS 2D mammogram
- Diagnosis procedure: In the process of 3D and 2D mammography, the breast must be evenly flattened between the two rubber plates, and the radiation dose used is similar.
- Accuracy of diagnosis: The accuracy of diagnosis of 3D mammography is higher than that of 2D, reducing the chance of false-positive results. 2D mammography only takes images from the front and side, so the breast tissue may overlap in the same model. However, 3D mammography uses tomography to show the breasts separately from different angles, so cancer cells can be found easily.
- Inspection efforts: 2D breast X-rays will be screened with the maximum tolerance of the woman for more precise X-ray imaging, while the pain experienced by the woman will be stronger. 3D mammography only needs to use the strength of the firm breast, and it shortens the breast compression time, and greatly reduces the discomfort/ pain during the examination.
Medical Centre Details
- Address: International Medical Centre, 22 Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong (Please check in at the Central Reception at 11/F first)
- Opening Hours: Mon to Fri 9am-6pm, Sat 9am-1pm, Sun and public holidays closed
Terms & Conditions
- The plan is valid for customers aged 18 or above, except women who are pregnant or have breast implants.
- Once the online appointment and payment have been made, International Medical Centre will contact customers within 3 working days for appointment confirmation.
- The customers must show their identity documents and the appointment confirmation email sent by FindDoc on the day of the appointment for identity verification.
- The checkup plan can be used once by one person only. The plan cannot be exchanged for cash or other products or services. Also, it is not transferable.
- All plans are not for the purpose of medical diagnosis or treatment.
- All packaged items are fixed. In case there are any test items in the above plan being declined or not conducted due to any reason, there will be no refund or no exchange for such items.
- Cancellation and Refund: If the service is cancelled more than 48 hours in advance of the appointment time, the payment will be refunded subject to the deduction of 10% of the payment as handling charges and administrative fees. If the cancellation is made within 48 hours before the appointment, the payment is non-refundable. If the customer fails to attend to receive the service on the time specified in the booking whether with or without notice to FindDoc for any reasons or events not caused by FindDoc or its affiliate, FindDoc will not refund the monies paid for the service.
- In case of any dispute, International Medical Centre and FindDoc will have the right of final decision(s).
International Medical Centre (IMC) brings together the top experts in Hong Kong’s specialized medical fields and provides customers with the most professional medical services including imaging services, day surgery, endoscopy, check-up services, general and specialist consultation, such as cardiology, Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Oncology, Pediatrics, Orthopaedics, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Urology, Neurosurgery, Psychiatry, Endocrinology-Diabetes & Metabolism, Geriatric Medicine, Surgery, Speech Therapy, Psychology, Dentistry and Physiotherapy.