- Breast Ultrasound (Bilateral)
- Breast Examination by Specialist in General Surgery
- Consultation with Specialist in General Surgery
Check-up time: 30-45 mins
The Female Breast Screening Package is recommended for
- Women who are 20 years or older, especially women age 40 and older
- Women undergoing breast checkups for the first time or regularly
- Women who are at a higher risk of breast cancer, fibroadenoma, breast cysts, fibroadenosis or other breast diseases
Are you doing your breast examinations right?
Clinical breast exam, breast ultrasound scan and mammogram are common types of breast examinations. How shall we choose?
According to the recommendations of the Hong Kong Breast Cancer Foundation,
- Breast self-examination (BSE): Starting from the age of 20, women are advised to perform breast self-examination monthly, one week after menstruation to get familiar with your own breasts and to detect any abnormalities.
- Clinical breast examination: In order to identify breast-related problems more effectively, it is recommended that women aged 20-39 years have a physical examination by doctor every 3 years, and women aged 40 or above have a physical examination every 2 years.
- Breast ultrasound scan: For women aged 40 or above, it is suggested to have a breast ultrasound examination every 2 years. For women aged 20-39 years, you can follow the recommendation of your doctor.
- Mammogram: It is recommended that women begin mammogram screening at age 40, once every 2 years.
Women who are at a higher risk of breast cancer, fibroadenoma, breast cysts, fibroadenosis or other breast diseases, such as women with family history, are recommended to discuss with your doctors about the breast image and follow up plan.
In order to detect breast problems as early as possible and to reduce the possible medical expenses in the future, regular breast examinations are recommended.
Breast Ultrasound Scan
Breast ultrasound is a painless, safe and non-invasive examination without radiation exposure. It can distinguish cysts, fibroadenoma and breast cancer. This examination is suitable for women at all ages, including pregnant women or women having breastfeeding.
Clinical Breast Examination
During clinical examination, doctor will palpate for any lumps in your breast, or any lymph nodes under your armpits. Doctor will also look for any discharge from your nipple or any nipple retractions.
If you find abnormalities in the breast or armpit during breast self-examination, you should consult your doctor as soon as possible.
- Clinic address: Suite 1412, 14/F, Ocean Centre, Harbour City, 5 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Clinic opening hours: Mon to Fri 9:30am-1:00pm, 2:30pm-7:00pm; Sat 9:30am-2:00pm; Sun and public holidays closed
Terms & Conditions
- Once the online appointment and payment have been made, EJ Medical Specialist Centre will contact customers / clients during office hours for appointment confirmation.
- The customer must show their identity documents on the day of the appointment for verifying the identity.
- All treatments will be handled by EJ Medical Specialist Centre’s on-site doctor who is a Specialist in General Surgery on duty.
- Cancellation and Refund: If the service is cancelled more than 48 hours in advance of the appointment time, the payment will be refunded subject to the deduction of 10% of the payment as handling charges and administrative fees. If the cancellation is made within 48 hours before the appointment, the payment is non-refundable. If the customer fails to attend to receive the service on the time specified in the booking whether with or without notice to FindDoc for any reasons or events not caused by FindDoc or its affiliate, FindDoc will not refund the monies paid for the service.
- In case of any dispute, EJ Medical Specialist Centre and FindDoc will have the right of final decision(s).
EJ Medical Specialist Centre is a full-specialist medical group in Hong Kong. Since our establishment in 2014, our experienced healthcare and customer service team have been committed to providing comprehensive medical services to our patients in Hong Kong, Macau, the Mainland China and Asian Countries.
EJ Medical Group has more than 60 specialists covering 26 specialties across our network. Our medical centre is located in Ocean Centre at the Harbour City in Tsim Sha Tsui district. The Tsim Sha Tsui Centre provides specialty services including General Surgery, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Otolaryngology and Orthopaedics and Traumatology.