Women’s Health - Uterus
Women might not pay attention to their menstruation unless there is a serious abnormality or discomfort. In fact, menstruation reflects the physical condition of women monthly. During period, volume of flow, colour of discharge, length of regulation are important reminders given by your body. Early detection of abnormalities may reduce the risk of various women's diseases and cancers.
Cervical cancer is a common cancer among women in Hong Kong. In the early stages, the tumour may not produce any noticeable symptoms. If it is undiagnosed and untreated, it may metastasize and become a fatal disease. As cervical cancer is associated with early sexual activity, once you have started your sexual life, you should go for a cervical screening regularly.
- Consultation with a doctor in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Ultrasound (Pelvic / Vaginal)
- Pap smear
Check-up time: 30-45 mins
The Female Uterine Examination Package is recommended for
- Women who are 25 years or older and have had sexual activities
- Women undergoing gynecological examination for the first time or on a regular basis
- Ladies with birth plans
- Women who are at a higher risk of cervical cancer, endometriosis, ovarian cancer and other uterine or ovarian diseases
Pap smear can detect abnormal cervical cells and effectively detect early cervical cancer.
For women aged 25 or above who have had sexual activities, it is recommended to receive Pap smears for 2 consecutive years. If the results are normal, they can be tested every 3 years.
There are many risk factors for cervical cancer. For women who have smoking habit, suffer from other venereal diseases (e.g. chlamydia and herpes), have sexual intercourse at earlier age, take contraceptives for a long time, or have weak immune system, it is recommended to get a pap smear test every year.
An ultrasound scan allows the doctor to see the female pelvic organs including uterus and ovary. Abnormalities of the uterus and ovary such as endometriosis, uterine fibroid, cervical cancer, ovarian cysts, or ovarian cancer can be seen.
There are two types of pelvic ultrasound scan:
- Transabdominal (through the abdomen): It is a non-invasive imaging examination with pretty simple procedure. During the procedure, you should not feel pain. A transducer is placed on the abdomen. This examination requires a full bladder.
- Transvaginal (through the vagina): A long and thin transducer is covered with a plastic or latex sheath and is inserted into the vagina. This examination is only suitable for women who have had sexual experience.
- Clinic address: Suite 1412, 14/F, Ocean Centre, Harbour City, 5 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Clinic opening hours: Mon to Fri 9:30am-1:00pm, 2:30pm-7:00pm; Sat 9:30am-2:00pm; Sun and public holidays closed
Terms & Conditions
- Once the online appointment and payment have be made, EJ Medical Specialist Centre will contact customers / clients during office hours for appointment confirmation.
- The customer must show their identity documents on the day of the appointment for verifying the identity.
- All treatments will be handled by EJ Medical Specialist Centre’s on-site doctor who is a Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynaecology on duty.
- Cancellation and Refund: If the service is cancelled more than 48 hours in advance of the appointment time, the payment will be refunded subject to the deduction of 10% of the payment as handling charges and administrative fees. If the cancellation is made within 48 hours before the appointment, the payment is non-refundable. If the customer fails to attend to receive the service on the time specified in the booking whether with or without notice to FindDoc for any reasons or events not caused by FindDoc or its affiliate, FindDoc will not refund the monies paid for the service.
- EJ Medical Specialist Centre and FindDoc will have the right of final decision(s) when dispute.
EJ Medical Service Centre is a full-specialist medical group in Hong Kong. Since our establishment in 2014, Our experienced healthcare and customer service team have been committed to providing comprehensive medical services to our patients in Hong Kong, Macau, the Mainland China and Asian Countries.
EJ Medical Group has more than 60 specialists covering 26 specialties across our network. Our medical centre is located in Ocean Centre at the Harbour City in Tsim Sha Tsui district. The Tsim Sha Tsui Centre provides specialty services including General Surgery, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Otolaryngology and Orthopaedics and Traumatology.