Prevenar® 13 (Pneumococcal 13-valent Conjugate Vaccine, PCV)
Who should get pneumococcal vaccines?
The Scientific Committee on Vaccine Preventable Diseases (SCVPD) recommends children under 2 years of age to receive pneumococcal conjugate vaccines (PCV) under the Hong Kong Childhood Immunisation Programme (HKCIP). The standard regimen includes a primary series of 2 doses at 2 and 4 months and a booster dose at 12 months.
SCVPD recommends high-risk individuals* aged 2 years or above to receive a single dose of 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV13), followed by a single dose of 23-valent pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine (23vPPV) 1 year later. For those who have already received 23vPPV, a single dose of PCV13 should be administered 1 year after previous 23vPPV vaccination. For those who have already received PCV13, a single dose of 23vPPV should be administered 1 year after previous PCV13.
For elderly 65 years of age and older without high-risk conditions*, SCVPD recommends either a single dose of PCV13 or a single dose of 23vPPV.
* High-risk conditions include:
- History of invasive pneumococcal disease;
- Immunocompromised states: Asplenia, HIV /AIDS , primary immunodeficiency; Immunodeficiencies related to malignancies and transplantation; Immunodeficiencies related to use of immunosuppressive drugs / systemic steroid
- Chronic disease: Chronic cardiac, pulmonary, liver or renal disease; Diabetes mellitus or Cerebrospinal fluid leakage
- With cochlear implants
(Essential hypertension per se is not considered as a high-risk condition)
Different factors such as age and clinical condition may affect the risk of pneumococcal disease. Patients with high-risk conditions should discuss with their attending doctors on the most appropriate vaccination regimen.
Terms & Conditions:
- Cancellation and Refund: If the service is cancelled more than 48 hours in advance of the appointment time, the payment will be refunded subject to the deduction of 10% of the payment as handling charges and administrative fees.If the cancellation is made within 48 hours before the appointment, the payment is non-refundable.If the customer fails to attend to receive the service on the time specified in the booking whether with or without notice to FindDoc for any reasons or events not caused by FindDoc or its affiliate, FindDoc will not refund the monies paid for the service.
- In case of any dispute, FindDoc reserves the right of final decision.
IMC’s medical and management team brings together experts from a wide range of professional fields in Hong Kong to provide clients with new medical technology and the most intimate one-stop medical services. IMC provides a full range of medical and healthcare services including: imaging services, day surgery, endoscopy, check-up services, medical beauty treatments, general and specialist consultation, such as: cardiology, Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Oncology, Pediatrics, Orthopaedics, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Urology, Neurosurgery, Psychiatry, Endocrinology-Diabetes & Metabolism, Geriatric Medicine, Surgery, Speech Therapy, Psychology and Physiotherapy.