Why is my voice so hoarse?
Background: Rosita is a singing teacher. Besides teaching singing, she practices her voices and breathing for three hours everyday. Her voice is becoming hoarse these days. She is diagnosed with polyps in her vocal cord and she has to take Steroid for one week.
(1) What causes Hoarse Voice? When should one seek medical advice should Hoarse Voice persists?
(2) How would doctors inspect our vocal cord?
(3) What treatments are available? Does it require surgery?
(4) Would polyps in vocal cord become cancer? Will it happen again after treatments?
(5) After recovery, can Rosita continue to sing the way she used to?