Advanced Cardiac Health Checkup and Body Check Package
Heart disease comes third in the list of causes of fatalities in Hong Kong, after cancer and pneumonia. Once there is a problem with heart function or heart rhythm, it may cause symptoms of varying degrees, such as chest pain, feeling tightness and heaviness in the chest, heartbeat disorder, wheezing or dizziness. However, some cardiac diseases have no obvious symptoms so that patients may not be aware of their heart problems.
If you have high-risk factors for heart diseases, such as a high-fat diet, lack of exercise, stress, obesity, smoking, family history, high cholesterol level, high blood pressure, diabetes, and old age, it is recommended to have regular cardiac health check to understand your heart condition.
If you suspect to have or have experienced the above symptoms, you should consult your doctor as soon as possible and receive appropriate cardiac examination and treatment.
- Resting ECG (resting electrocardiogram)
- Treadmill ECG (Treadmill Exercise Stress Test)
- Ankle-brachial index (ABI)
- Chest X-ray
- Risk assessments/ tests for multiple diseases, including coronary heart disease, diabetes, anemia and blood diseases, liver function, kidney function, thyroid function, inflammation
- Report explanation by a cardiologist
Estimated checkup time: 2 hours
Under normal circumstances, the examination report can be obtained around 5 hours after completing the checkups. Download the details of checkup items here.
Resting ECG records the electrical activity of your heart while you are at rest. It is a simple, safe and painless test. The static ECG test must be performed in a quiet state, and the test only takes a few minutes. For certain heart disease symptoms which occur during exercise or underlying heart problems, it is difficult to distinguish from the resting electrocardiogram.
Treadmill ECG is a stress test, which is used to record the ECG during a fixed set of exercises on a treadmill. During the test, your heart burden and blood oxygen demand will increase gradually, and will be recorded on the electrocardiogram.
The test can help doctors to assess coronary heart disease, cardiovascular infarction or arrhythmia caused by exercise. It can also be applied in physical evaluation for patients with heart disease.
Ankle-brachial index (ABI)
Cardiovascular disease is mainly caused by thickening, hardening, narrowing or obstruction of the arterial wall. A similar situation that occurs in the blood vessels of the limbs is called Peripheral Arterial Occlusion Disease (PAOD). Ankle-brachial index is a convenient and non-invasive test that measures the ratio of blood pressure between the ankle and the upper arm to assess the degree of obstruction of peripheral blood vessels.
Terms & Conditions
- Once the online appointment and payment have been made, Hong Kong Asia Heart Centre will contact customers within 2 working days for appointment confirmation.
- The customers must show their identity documents on the day of the appointment for verifying the identity.
- Cancellation and Refund: If the service is cancelled more than 48 hours in advance of the appointment time, the payment will be refunded subject to the deduction of 10% of the payment as handling charges and administrative fees. If the cancellation is made within 48 hours before the appointment, the payment is non-refundable. If the customer fails to attend to receive the service on the time specified in the booking whether with or without notice to FindDoc for any reasons or events not caused by FindDoc or its affiliate, FindDoc will not refund the monies paid for the service.
- In case of any dispute, Hong Kong Asia Heart Centre and FindDoc will have the right of final decision(s).
The Hong Kong Asia Heart Centre consists of a professional medical team with many years of experience in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, upholding the spirit of serving the public, and providing patients with high-quality and comprehensive cardiological services through advanced medical technology and equipment. The centre provides one-stop services from cardiac health check-up, diagnosis to treatment, and does its best to improve the heart health of the public.
- Address: G/F, Canossa Hospital, 1 Old Peak Road, Hong Kong
- Office Hours: Mon to Fri 9am-5pm; Sat, Sun and public holidays closed