1. About the Sites
You acknowledge that although some of the content, text, data, graphics, images, information, suggestions, guidance, and other material (collectively, “Information”) that is provided to you on the Sites (including Information provided in direct response to your questions or postings) may be provided by individuals in the medical profession, the provision of such Information does not create a medical professional/patient relationship, and does not constitute an opinion, medical advice, or diagnosis or treatment of any particular condition, but is provided to assist you with locating appropriate medical care from a qualified practitioner.
2. We Do Not Provide Medical Advice
The Information that you obtain or receive from FindDoc, and its employees, contractors, partners, sponsors, advertisers, licensors or otherwise on the Sites is for informational and scheduling purposes only.
THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITES IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. DO NOT DISREGARD, AVOID OR DELAY OBTAINING MEDICAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU MAY HAVE READ ON THE SITE. DO NOT USE THE SITE FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL NEEDS. IF YOU EXPERIENCE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY CALL 999. YOUR USE OF INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITES IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NOTHING STATED OR POSTED ON THE SITE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH ANY SERVICES IS INTENDED TO BE, AND MUST NOT BE TAKEN TO BE, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE OR THE PROVISION OF MEDICAL CARE.
We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, procedures, opinions, or other information that may appear on the Sites. If you rely on any of the Information provided by the Sites, you do so solely at your own risk.
3. No Doctor Patient Relationship
NO LICENSED MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED BY USING INFORMATION PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE FIND A DOCTOR FEATURE, LINKS TO OTHER SITES OR ANY ASSISTANCE WE MAY PROVIDE TO HELP YOU FIND AN APPROPRIATE MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL OR SPECIALIST IN ANY FIELD.
WE MAKE NO GUARANTEES, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERTISE, QUALITY OF WORK OR OTHER INFORMATION HEREIN. FURTHER WE DO NOT IN ANY WAY ENDORSE ANY INDIVIDUAL DESCRIBED HEREIN. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE ON SUCH INFORMATION.
We have no control over, and cannot guarantee the availability of any physician at any particular time. We will not be liable for cancelled or otherwise unfulfilled appointments or any injury resulting therefrom, or for any other injury resulting from the use of the Sites or Services whatsoever.
You are strongly advised to perform your own investigation prior to selecting a health care professional by making confirming telephone calls to the appropriate licensing authorities to verify listed credentials and education, and to further verify information about a particular physician or medical provider by confirming with the doctor’s office, your current physician, the medical association relative to the doctor’s specialty and/or the Medical Council of Hong Kong.
4. Authorization and Acknowledgement
In connection with using the Sites and the Services to locate and schedule appointments with medical professionals, you understand that:
Physicians or medical providers featured on FindDoc are based on public information extracted from official medical association websites and/or directories, or the Medical Council of Hong Kong “List of Registered Doctors” layed on on its official website. FindDoc will provide you with a list of physicians or medical providers who may be suitable to deliver the health care that you are seeking based solely on the information that you provide to FindDoc (such as insurance and/or medical card information, proximity to your geographical location and additional criteria that you may specify); you are ultimately responsible for choosing your own physician or medical provider.
5. Editorial Control
We make the Sites available as a service to consumers and health care professionals for the purposes of providing an informative and educational resource. We may, but have no obligation to, have non-user-posted information reviewed by the Sites’ editorial personnel.
It is important to note, however, that the timeliness and accuracy of any or all of the Information is not guaranteed. Neither the authors, the editorial personnel, nor any other parties who has been involved in the preparation or publication of this work can assure you that the Information contained herein is in every respect accurate or complete, and they are not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information.
You are encouraged to independently confirm the Information contained herein with other sources and to seek the advice of a qualified physician or medical provider.
PRACTITIONER INFORMATION: Physician and practice information found on the Sites is intended for general reference purposes only. Physician and other health care provider information found on the Sites is both self-reported, by the physician and/or office staff, and collected from multiple other data sources including the "Primary Care Directory" developed by Hong Kong's Department of Health that may not be confirmed by the physician. While we make our best efforts to ensure information on FindDoc is current, such information often changes frequently and may become out of date or inaccurate. Neither the Sites nor FindDoc provides any advice or qualification certification about any particular physician or provider. Our relationship with sponsors or physicians in a particular area is based on criteria we establish.
PROCEDURES/PRODUCTS/SERVICES: The procedures, products, services and devices discussed and/or advertised within the Sites are not applicable to all individuals, patients or all clinical situations. We make no claims as to the effectiveness of any such procedures, products, services and devices. Any products and/or services represented on the Sites by advertisers, sponsors, and other participants on the Sites, either paid or unpaid, are presented for your awareness and do not necessarily imply appropriateness for any particular individual or prediction of effectiveness, outcome or success.
As part of the registration process, you will provide an e-mail address and create a password (collectively "Credentials"). These are your Credentials for accessing the Services that are only available to members. You should keep your Credentials private and not share your Credentials with anyone else. You are responsible for notifying us if your password has been hacked or stolen. You may notify us by sending an email to email@example.com.
7. Your Personal Information
Personal Information Collection Statement
You agree that all information provided in this form or that arises from the relationship with FindDoc, shall be subjected to the applicable Data Policy to customer concerning customer data from time to time issued by FindDoc. Your personal information would be passed on to medical service provider(s) solely for the registration purpose for your selected medical service(s).
8. Your Responsibilities
Even though the Services are provided free of charge, the usual and customary charges for any medical services rendered by collaborating physicians profiled on the Sites will apply and will be entirely your responsibility.
You are responsible for all use of the Sites and for all use of your Credentials, including use by others to whom you have given your Credentials. You may use the Sites and the Services for lawful, non-commercial purposes only. You may not use the Sites in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair our servers or networks, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Sites or the Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any of the Services, user accounts, or computer systems or networks, through hacking, password mining or any other means. Without limiting any of the foregoing, you agree that you shall not (and you agree not to allow any third party to):
copy, modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Sites, its content or materials and/or the Services;
remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Sites and/or the Services or in or on any content or other material obtained via the Site and/or the Services;
use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve or index any portion of the Sites and/or the Services;
access, retrieve or index any portion of the Sites and/or the Services for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of reviews related to the health care industry, physicians and/or medical providers;
reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Sites and/or the Services;
fraudulently misuse the Services by scheduling an appointment with a physician or medical provider which you have no intention of keeping;
create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses; or
collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited activities described in this paragraph.
10. Changes to the Services
11. Links to Other Sites
The Sites may include links to other websites, including links provided as automated search results. Some of these sites may contain materials that are objectionable, unlawful, or inaccurate. These links are provided for your convenience only and do not mean that we endorse these sites or the products and services they provide. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for the content or accuracy of these other sites.
12. Additional Terms
13. No Spam
You may not use contact information provided by our users or collaborating physicians, or harvest such information for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate the sending, of unsolicited bulk communications such as SPAM. You may not allow others to use your account to violate the terms of this section. We may terminate your membership or access to the Sites immediately and take other legal action if you or anyone using your Credentials violates these provisions.
14. Content You Post or Submit
You will have the opportunity to submit feedback regarding your experiences with physicians and/or medical providers who are featured on the Sites, to submit inquiries concerning possible medical needs and to participate in the other interactive and community features of the Sites (collectively “Posted Information”). It is important that you act responsibly when providing Posted Information. In providing feedback, please give clear, honest information about the physician or medical provider and your experiences, but do not use inappropriate language, make gratuitous personal criticisms or comments or provide information that others could use to determine your identity. When participating in other interactive or community aspects of the Service, please do not post any information that another user or physician may use to identify you as an individual, but please do include all relevant information in a concise manner to help us provide you with a helpful response.
We reserve the right to publish your Posted Information as part of the Service and to also to remove your Posted Information for any reason. We are not, however, responsible for any failure or delay in removing Posted Information. Keep in mind that the Posted Information of others is simply opinion and should not be relied on. In addition:
You are solely responsible for any Posted Information that you submit, publish or display on the Site or transmit to other members and/or other users of the Site.
You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. You may not submit any content or material that infringes, misappropriates or violates the intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other rights of any party.
You may not provide any Posted Content that falsely expresses or implies that such content or material is sponsored or endorsed by FindDoc.
You may not provide any Posted Content that is unlawful or that promotes or encourages illegal activity.
You agree that you will only provide Posted Content that you believe to be true and you will not purposely provide false or misleading information.
By posting Posted Content on the Sites, you agree to and hereby do grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, FindDoc, its contractors, and the users of the Sites an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, fully sub-licensable, fully paid up, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly perform, digitally perform, publicly display, and distribute such Posted Content and to adapt, edit, translate, prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Posted Content. This license is non-exclusive, except you agree that FindDoc shall have the exclusive right to practice this license to the extent of combining your Posted Content with the Posted Content of other FindDoc users for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of reviews and information related to the health care industry.
The following is a partial list of the kind of content and communications that are illegal or prohibited on/through the Sites. FindDoc reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Services and terminating the membership of such violators or blocking your use of the Services and/or the Sites. You may not post content that:
is false or intentionally misleading;
harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person;
is threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous; or
is pornographic or sexually explicit in nature.
15. Your Use of Content
Except for Posted Content that you or any other visitors to the Sites submit, all of the Information available on or through the Services and/or the Sites, including without limitation, text, photographs, graphics and video and audio content, is owned by us and our licensors and is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and trade secret laws, other proprietary rights, and international treaties. You acknowledge that the Services and any underlying technology or software used in connection with the Services contain FindDoc’s proprietary information. We give you permission to use the aforementioned content for personal, non-commercial purposes only and do not transfer any intellectual property rights to you by virtue of permitting your use of the Services. You may print, download, and store information from the Site for your own convenience, but you may not copy, distribute, republish (except as permitted in this paragraph), sell, or exploit any of the content, or exploit the Sites in whole or in part, for any commercial gain or purpose whatsoever. Except as is expressly and unambiguously provided herein, FindDoc and its suppliers do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in the Sites and the Services not expressly granted by FindDoc to you are retained by FindDoc.
16. Disclaimer of Warranties
WE PROVIDE THE SITES AND THE SERVICES “AS IS”, “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”. WE MAKE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES ABOUT THE SERVICES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ALL STATUTORY WARRANTIES, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES AND THE SITES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE SERVICES ARE MERCHANTABLE, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, ACCURATE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NEED, OR NON-INFRINGING. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE EFFECTIVE, RELIABLE OR ACCURATE OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES (EITHER DIRECTLY OR THROUGH THIRD-PARTY NETWORKS) AT TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS OR COMPLETENESS OF INFORMATION PROVIDED BY USERS OF THE SITES OR ANY OTHER DATA OR INFORMATION PROVIDED OR RECEIVED THROUGH THE SITES. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, FINDDOC MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE INFORMATION SYSTEMS, SOFTWARE AND FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SITES OR ANY OTHER SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION. FINDDOC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITES OR THE SERVICES WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, THAT LOSS OF DATA WILL NOT OCCUR, OR THAT THE SERVICES SOFTWARE OR SITES ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES, CONTAMINANTS OR OTHER HARMFUL ITEMS.
17. General Limitation of Liability
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH US IS THE CANCELLATION OF YOUR REGISTRATION. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE SITES, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, EXCEED THE GREATER OF: (A) THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES, IF ANY, THAT YOU PAID TO UTILIZE THE SITE OR THE SERVICES OR (B) HK$1,000. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU (OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING UNDER OR THROUGH YOU) FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITES AND/OR THE SERVICES. THESE EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO ANY CLAIMS FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, OR MEDICAL MALPRACTICE OR NEGLIGENCE OF PHYSICIANS UTILIZED THROUGH USE OF THE SERVICE, EVEN IF WE KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
20. Electronic Contracting and Notices
21. Copyright Dispute Policy
FindDoc has adopted the following general policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with the Hong Kong’s Amended Copyright Law (posted at https://www.ipd.gov.hk/eng/intellectual_property/copyright/booklet_piracy_in_business_e.pdf)
It is FindDoc’s policy to (a) block access to or remove material that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our advertisers, affiliates, content providers, members or users; and (b) remove and discontinue service to repeat offenders.
Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringements.
If you believe that material or content residing on or accessible through the Sites or the Services infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below ("Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification"):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of works or materials being infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that FindDoc is capable of finding and verifying its existence;
- Contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number and, if available, email address;
- A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
Upon Receipt of a Bona Fide Infringement Notification.
Once Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is received by the Designated Agent, it is FindDoc’s policy:
- to remove or disable access to the infringing material;
- to notify the content provider, member or user that it has removed or disabled access to the material; and
- that for repeat offenders, FindDoc will also terminate such content provider's, member's or user's access to the service.
Procedure to Supply a Counter-Notice to the Designated Agent.
If the content provider, member or user believes that the material that was removed or to which access was disabled is either not infringing, or the content provider, member or user believes that it has the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, the content provider, member or user must send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
- A physical or electronic signature of the content provider, member or user;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access to has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that the content provider, member or user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material; and
- The content provider's, member's or user's name, address, telephone number, and, if available, email address and a statement that such person or entity consents to the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, FindDoc may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at FindDoc’s discretion.
Address for Designated Agent. Please contact FindDoc’s Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement at the following address:
Suite 556, 5/F, Lee Garden Three
1 Sunning Road
Phone: (852) 5579 5795
Fax: (852) 2868 0262
22. Entire Agreement
23. Choice of Law and Dispute Resolution
This agreement and any dispute or matter arising from or incidental to your use of the Sites shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and both you and the Company submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
FindDoc Video Consultation
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PATIENT MEMBERS
Welcome to FindDoc Video Consultation, a members only club (the “FindDocVC”) which facilitates the provision of medical and healthcare services in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (“Hong Kong”). The FindDocVC will be open to qualified individuals, physicians, medical, laboratories, and other service providers facilities, persons and entities related to medical and healthcare service. Time Creation Limited (“FindDoc”), a company organised and existing under the laws of the Hong Kong will own and operate a website and mobile application, supported by third-party service providers (“Other Service Providers”) offering, among other things, administrative, document management and remote conference services (collectively known as the “FD Site”) to facilitate Your search for suitable medical practitioners and medical/healthcare services in Hong Kong.
All use of the FD Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions set forth below. By registering on our FD Site, You irrevocably accept all the obligations stipulated in these Terms and Conditions and all other terms and policies that appear on this FD Site and agree to abide by them. Accessing the FD Site through any medium, including but not limited to accessing through mobile phones, smartphones and tablets, are also subjected to these Terms and Conditions.
We offer a platform enabling registered individuals (each a “Patient Member”) to upload health history, medical symptoms and medical related information to engage medical practitioners for the purpose of obtaining medical and healthcare services, including the prescription of medicine. Individuals, as a Patient Member, can seek medical advice and opinion and the prescription of medicine through consultations with the medical practitioners registered with the FD Site. Medical practitioners registered with us (each, a “Registered Physician Member”) may provide medical advice through consultations by text Q&A and/or video, prescribe medicine and arrange medical testings at laboratories via our FD Site. Payments for Services are made through FindDoc using the payment services providers on the FD Site.
FINDDOC IS A PLATFORM ON WHICH INDIVIDUALS ARE ABLE TO ACCESS MEDICAL PRACTITIONERS AND HEALTHCARE SERVICES ONLINE. FINDDOC IS NOT LICENSED OR REGISTERED TO PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE OR MEDICAL SERVICES.
THE FD SITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL EMERGENCY SERVICES AND SHOULD NOT BE USED IN CASES OF MEDICAL EMERGENCIES. PLEASE CALL 999 IF EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES ARE NEEDED.
THIS FD SITE SHALL NOT BE USED FOR MEDICAL SERVICES THAT REQUIRE IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION OR EMERGENCY CARE AT A HOSPITAL OR MEDICAL CLINIC, SUCH AS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- CHEST PAIN
- SEVERE BLEEDING
- SEVERE DIFFICULTY IN BREATHING (SHORTNESS OF BREATH)
- SUDDEN, SEVERE PAIN ANYWHERE IN THE BODY
- MODERATE TO SEVERE BURNS
- CONVULSIONS OR SEIZURES
- CHANGE IN MENTAL STATUS (SUCH AS UNUSUAL BEHAVIOUR, CONFUSION, DIFFICULTY WAKING FROM SLEEP)
- HEAD OR SPINAL INJURIES
- SERIOUS LIMB IMPAIRMENT OR BROKEN BONE
AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND FINDDOC
These Terms and Conditions form a legally binding agreement between You and FindDoc. You and we are hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Parties”.
You represent and warrant that You possess the legal right, capacity and ability to agree to these Terms and Conditions and to use the FD Site in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. If You are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of another person or any legal entity, You warrant that You are duly authorized to do so.
RIGHT TO MODIFY
We reserve the right to modify or terminate any Services at any time for any reason, without notice and without liability to You or any third party.
We reserve the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. Your use of the FD Site means that You agree to these Terms and Conditions. If we revise these Terms and Conditions, Your continued use of the FD Site means that You accept those changes. The applicable Terms and Conditions are those that are posted on this FD Site at the time of Your use. You shall review these Terms and Conditions each time You use this FD Site.
- “Account” means the account set up by You upon registration on the FD Site containing Personal Information and Patient Information for the arranging of Services and the handling of the payment and remittances;
- “Materials” means, without limitation, all content, such as text, data, graphics, images, information, advice, videos, audios, medical records, suggestions, guidance and all other content available on the FD Site, including information provided in response to postings and questions;
- “Medical Services” means medical advice, consultation, procedures, laboratory tests and analysis, opinions, treatments, and services, including the arranging and provision of medical tests and the prescribing and dispensing of medicine and pharmaceuticals;
- “Patient Information” means information on a Patient Member that is uploaded to the FD Site by a Patient Member, Registered Physician Members or another User, including personal and medical information and other health information which may be provided by a Patient Member to a Professional Member;
- “Patient Member” means an individual registered on the FD Site who seeks medical information, advice or consultation or who obtains Medical Services on or by use of the FD Site;
- “Personal Information” means any information that identifies or is related to You including information provided by You in setting up an Account;
- “Professional Members” means Registered Physician Members and Registered Medical Laboratories;
- “Registered Physician Member” means a physician registered with and holding a practicing certificate issued by the Medical Council of Hong Kong and registered with FindDoc to offer Medical Services on the FD Site;
- “Services” means the services to which You have been granted access on the FD Site, which include Medical Services, text Q&A, video conferencing, electronic medical records services, arranging of medical tests, payment and remittances and such other services as may be introduced by FindDoc from time to time;
- “System” means that electronic communication network and system operated by FindDoc for use by Users and others on the FD Site, including all hardware and software used or provided by the FD Site, and all documentation provided by FindDoc in connection therewith, paper or electronic;
- “User” means a Registered Physician Member, a Registered Medical Laboratory, a Patient Member, or other registered user of the FD Site;
- “User ID” means the unique user identification assigned to an individual User.
- “You” means the individual accepting these Terms and Conditions by registering on the FD Site.
ACCESS & USE AS A PATIENT MEMBER
Registration and User ID
- If You wish to schedule an appointment with a Registered Physician Member or conduct a transaction on the FD Site, You will have to register on the FD Site and become a registered User prior to the completion of any transaction on the FD Site. To register on the FD Site, You will have to provide information such as Your name, email address and phone number and create a User ID and password.
- Registration is a one-time process. You are required to login / sign into Your Account using the same credentials as provided during the registration process at every use or access to the FD Site. It is Your responsibility to keep Your Account information current. We request that You safeguard Your password to Your Account and make sure that others do not have access to it.
- You agree that You acquire no ownership rights in any User ID, and User IDs may be revoked or changed at any time in FindDoc’s sole discretion. You will adopt and maintain reasonable and appropriate security precautions for User IDs to prevent their disclosure to or use by unauthorized persons.
- You will not permit any third party to have access to the System or to use the System or the Services without FindDoc’s prior written consent.
- You understand that FindDoc may introduce a fee for registration on the FD Site ("Registration Fees"). Registration Fees, if and when introduced, shall be non-refundable. FindDoc may introduce special features which may only be made available to Users who pay Registration Fees.
- It is possible to schedule an appointment through Your Account for Your family members and friends. While You are able to do so, please note that You are responsible for any activity that is undertaken through Your Account on behalf of Your family members and friends. It is strongly advisable that each individual set up their own Account on the FD Site when accessing our information and Services.
- In the event that You should permit a minor to use the FD Site and obtain Medical Services, You represent and warrant that either such minor is capable of understanding the nature and implications of the Medical Services or that You are the parent or legal guardian of such Minor, and accept legal responsibility for any breach of such representation and warranty.
Selection of Physician and Arrangement for Services
- Upon initial access to the FD Site, Patient Members will be able to use the search function on the FD Site to search for a Registered Physician Member with suitable medical specialty and experience and to select and schedule appointments with Registered Physician Members and other Professional Members.
- While choosing Your Registered Physician Members and other Professional Members on the FD Site, You understand and accept the following:
- You are ultimately responsible for selecting Your own medical practitioner or health care service provider and FindDoc shall not be held responsible or liable for the selection of the same. The results of any search You perform on the FD Site for medical practitioners should not be construed as endorsement by FindDoc of such Registered Physician Member.
- FindDoc will provide You with lists and/or profile previews of our Registered Physician Members who may be suitable to deliver the health care or Medical Services that You are seeking based on the information that You provide to FindDoc (such as area of specialty and geographical location). Please note that FindDoc (i) does not recommend or endorse any medical practitioners or health care providers mentioned on the FD Site; and (ii) does not make any representations or warranties with respect to these medical practitioners or health care providers or the quality of the healthcare services they may provide. FindDoc shall not be liable for any reason whatsoever for the services provided by any Registered Physician Member or other Professional Member, and we bear no liability for the consequences to You of Your use of the System, the Medical Services or Services.
- Information regarding medical practitioners and health care providers and practice information found on the FD Site is intended for general reference purposes only. Such information found on the FD Site is mainly from publicly available information or self-reported by the medical practitioner or the health care services provider. Such information often changes frequently and may become out of date or inaccurate. Neither the FD Site nor FindDoc provides any advice or qualification certification about any particular Registered Physician Member or health care services provider. You are encouraged to independently verify any such information You see on the FD Site with respect to a medical services provider or health care services provider that You seek to make an appointment with.
- A Patient Member may select from the FD Site a Registered Physician Member that You, as a Patient Member, may wish to engage for medical consultation and Medical Services. Upon confirming the selection of a Registered Physician Member on the FD Site by a Patient Member, the Registered Physician Member will be able to access Your Patient Information in the Patient Member’s profile. Additional Patient Information may be filed and shared by the Patient Member or his or her Registered Physician Member in the Patient Member’s profile.
- Patient Members may arrange with any Registered Physician Member a medical consultation or other Medical Services (i) at a medical clinic or other site and or (ii) by video or text consultations on the FD Site with the support of certain Other Service Provider. Medications and pharmaceuticals prescribed by the Registered Physician Member and directions for their use will be collected from the clinic of the Registered Physician Member, a licenced pharmacy and/or delivered to the address of the Patient Member by certain third-party courier service provider(s) designated by FindDoc (“Courier Service Provider(s)”).
- Registered Physician Members may arrange a medical tests and analysis to be carried out on a Patient Member at a Registered Medical Laboratory. The results of the medical tests will be delivered to the Registered Physician Member who requested the medical testing for his/her professional assessment and interpretation. The Registered Physician Member shall be responsible for reporting and advising the Patient Member on the results of the tests.
- The selected Registered Physician Member will be solely responsible for the Medical Services provided to You including the arranging of medical tests and the prescribing of medicines and pharmaceuticals.
FindDoc does not employ the Counselors matched through the Service. Furthermore, FindDoc assumes no responsibility for the quality of the therapeutic services a Counselor provides, nor any act, omission or wrongdoing of any Counselor. While FindDoc makes no representation or warranty whatsoever as to whether you will find the Counselor’s services relevant, useful, correct, satisfactory or suitable to your needs.
While FindDoc does research and verify certain documents of the Counselors using the Service, FindDoc does not guarantee the verification of degrees, qualifications, licensure, certification, credentials, competence, or background of any Counselor. Your relationship relating to the Counselor services is strictly with the Counselor. FindDoc is not involved with the actual substance of that relationship and does not validate or control any of the Counselor services. You are advised to exercise a high level of care and caution in the use of the FindDoc. You agree, confirm and acknowledge that you are aware of the fact that in some cases, the care offered through the Service may not be a full and complete substitute for a face-to-face session by a Counselor. You should never rely on or make health or well-being decisions purely on use of FindDoc Video Consultation. Never disregard, avoid, or delay in obtaining medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare professionals, or by traditional face-to-face appointment; because of information or advice you received through FindDoc Video Consultation.
- Patient Members may use the rating functions to rate and give comments on the Medical Services of any Registered Physician Members, which would not be made available publicly and be restricted for internal use of FindDoc only.
Communication on the FD Site
- You understand and agree that any interactions and associated issues with the Registered Physician Members, including but not limited to the Q&A, medical treatment and/or advice, is strictly between You and the Registered Physician Members. You shall not hold FindDoc responsible for any such interactions and associated issues. FindDoc is not involved in providing any healthcare or medical advice or diagnosis and hence is not responsible for any medical information given by Registered Physician Members and/or Registered Medical Laboratories, and any consequences or outcome achieved through access to our Services. If You decide to act on the information or advice or opinion provided by any of our Registered Physician Members or Registered Medical Laboratories, You do so at Your own risk and FindDoc shall have no responsibility or liability thereafter.
Upload of information to the FD Site
- You have the option of uploading Your health/medical information and history on the FD Site. Once the said information is uploaded, the Registered Physician Members that You choose to engage with may access the information. While FindDoc takes utmost care with respect to the security of the information You upload to the FD Site, any information that You disclose on the FD Site is done at Your own risk. By uploading / sharing / disclosing Your medical information on the FD Site, You hereby give Your consent to FindDoc to store such health / medical information on FindDoc’s servers. FindDoc will retain such medical / health information You upload on the FD Site for as long as Your Account remains registered, i.e. not deleted, with us.
- You have the option of deleting Your Account. If You delete Your Account, FindDoc will delete such medical / health information. Despite the aforesaid, please note that: (1) there might be some latency in deleting this information from our servers and back-up storage; and (2) we may retain this information if necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
Sharing of Uploaded Information
- You agree that any information (other than Your Personal Information and Patient Information) uploaded through the FD Site is not generally confidential and FindDoc may use such information that You supply to improve our services and product offerings or the FD Site and also to provide You with additional information FindDoc’s products and services. We may use common internet technologies, such as “cookies” to manage the information we receive from You.
- Unless we specifically obtain Your consent to share the Personal Information and Patient Information You entered into or uploaded to the FD Site, FindDoc does not share such information with any Registered Physician Members, other Users or third parties. You will be specifically asked for your consent to disclose Personal Information and/or Patient Information before disclosure to any Registered Physician Member, other User or third parties. In the event we provide a product or service to You, we may share certain information only with organizations who work with FindDoc in order to provide those services to You.
- While FindDoc takes utmost care with respect to the security of the information (including Your Personal Information and Patient Information) You decide to upload and/or share, You understand that any information that You disclose on the FD Site is at Your own risk. In any event that You do not feel comfortable in disclosing any information on the FD Site, please do not upload or share such information on the FD Site. FindDoc shall not be liable or responsible for any consequences as a result of any unintentional disclosure of the information You upload on the FD Site and/or the System due to technical or system failures.
Materials on the FD Site
- You acknowledge and agree that the content, text, data, graphics, images, information, suggestions, guidance and all other Materials that may be available on the FD Site, does not constitute professional medical diagnosis or advice or opinion or treatment of any particular health condition. Such Materials were only provided for general information and to assist You in finding a suitable and qualified medical practitioner. The provision of such Materials does not create a relationship between a medical practitioner and his/her patient.
- We do not make any guarantees, representations or warranties, whether expressed or implied, with respect to professional qualifications, quality of work, expertise or other information provided on the FD Site. We do not in any way endorse any Professional Members, health service providers or other business entities or individuals described herein. In no event shall we be liable to You or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by You in reliance on such information.
- We do not recommend or endorse any doctors, health care providers, medical/health care procedures, opinions, or other information that may be available on the FD Site. If You rely on any of the information provided by the FD Site, You do so solely at Your own risk. The information that You obtain or receive from FindDoc, and its employees, contractors, partners, sponsors, advertisers, licensors or otherwise on the FD Site is for informational and scheduling purposes only. All medical or health care related information comes from independent medical practitioners, health care professionals and organizations which are registered with FindDoc.
- The Materials provided on the FD Site and in any other communications from or provided through FindDoc is not intended to be a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. You should not disregard, avoid or delay obtaining medical advice from a qualified medical professional because of the Materials that You may have obtained through the FD Site. Nothing stated or posted on the FD Site or available through any Services is intended to be, and must not be taken to be, the practice of medicine or the provision of medical care.
FEES AND PAYMENTS
- FindDoc allows various Medical Services and other Services to be accessed on or through the FD Site and we charge a fee for accessing and use of some of these Services (“Paid Services”). Should You wish to have access to Paid Services, You acknowledge that FindDoc will collect the payment for such Paid Services for and on behalf of the Professional Members and other Users providing such Services. You acknowledge and confirm that FindDoc is simply a platform and shall not be liable for the provision of such Services or be treated as the provider of health care or Medical Services on account of such collection of payments or for the provision of Paid Services, for any reason whatsoever.
- Patient Members agree to the Paid Services fees as set out in the FD Site.
- Payment for the Paid Services may be made through payment gateways designated on the FD Site.
Storage and Access to Information, including Patient Information, Personal Information and Materials
- FindDoc reserves the right to store any information and data placed or collected on the FD Site, including Patient Information, Personal Information and Materials in a server located in Hong Kong or anywhere else in the world and You consent to such storage.
- You acknowledge that Users of the FD Site may access and use information and data, including but not limited to Patient Information and Personal Information by You, in and from locations and jurisdictions outside of Hong Kong and You expressly consent to any such access and use, provided that access to Patient Information and Personal Information shall be limited by FindDoc information access and use policies.
- FindDoc may maintain, delete or destroy all communications and Materials and other information posted or uploaded to the FD Site pursuant to internal record retention and/or content destruction policies.
- The System is not a “data room” to store Your medical/health records. You understand that FindDoc shall not be held liable or responsible for the loss or damage to such information on the FD Site. It is Your responsibility to ensure that all Your information, medical or otherwise, uploaded to the FD Site is backed up to any personal storage device that You may have.
DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- FindDoc is simply a platform to allow Patient Members to seek Medical Services and related services from the Registered Physician Members, Registered Medical Laboratories and other health related providers on the FD Site. FindDoc does not assume the role of a professional medical body and does not provide any medical opinions, advice, or consultations or prescribe medication or other Medical Services. The relationship between FindDoc and a Patient Member does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Any doctor-patient relationship established through the use of the System and the FD Site is between the individual Patient Member and the Registered Physician Members who are providing Medical Services to the Patient Member.
- Any information, advice, opinion, diagnosis or treatment provided by our Professional Members are made by and on behalf of particular Professional Member. FindDoc is not liable or responsible and does not endorse or support or recommend any information, advice, opinion, diagnosis or treatment (if any) given by our Professional Members through or on the FD Site, or through any other avenues, for any reasons whatsoever.
- All Medical Services, Services, the System, Materials and information and advice that FindDoc provides on the FD Site is provided “as is” and “as available” without any warranty of any kind, express or implied. FindDoc shall have no liability for the consequences to You arising from or connected to Your use of the System, the Medical Services, the Services or the Materials on the FD Site.
- FindDoc makes no representations regarding and is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or utility of the Materials or other information available from or through the FD Site or the qualifications or competence of individual, companies or organisation who placed it there. You assume full risk and responsibility for the use of information You obtain from or through the FD Site, and agrees that FindDoc is not responsible or liable for any claim, loss, or liability arising from the use of such Materials and information.
- FindDoc does not recommend or endorse any provider of health care or health-related products, items or services, and the appearance of Materials on the FD Site relating to any products, items or services, including any Registered Physician Member, any Registered Medical Laboratories or other registered Users offering or providing services is not an endorsement or recommendation of them.
- FindDoc to the fullest extent permissible under applicable law disclaims all warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement, with respect to the Services, the Medical Services, the System, the Materials and any information obtained on or through the FD Site.
- Without limiting the foregoing, FindDoc does not represent that access to and transmission from the FD Site will be uninterrupted or error free, or that defects, if any, will be corrected; nor does FindDoc make any representations about, and disclaims responsibility for, the accuracy, reliability, currency, quality, completeness, usefulness, performance, security, legality or suitability of the FD Site, including the video and text functions, or any of the information contained therein. Additionally, access to and receipt of any transmission form the FD Site is subject to and dependent on the availability and quality of the internet, mobile and broadband services.
- You shall be solely and fully responsible for any damage to the Service or any computer system, any loss of data or any improper use or disclosure of information on the Service caused by You or any person using Your User ID and password.
Limitation of Liability
- A registered physician member shall be solely responsible for the Medical Services provided by him or her to You and a Registered Medical Laboratory shall be solely responsible for the Medical Services provided by it to You. FindDoc shall have no liability or responsibility for Medical Services.
- The total liability of FindDoc in connection with or related to the Services or this Agreement, including Your use of the FD site or Medical Services provided to You, whether based on contract, tort, law, statute or equity shall in any event and at all times be limited to the fees paid by You to FindDoc for Medical Services or Services performed or provided to You.
- In the event of any problem with the FD site, any of its content, the Medical Services or the Services, You agree that Your sole and exclusive remedies are as set forth in Section 2.2 above and to cease using the FD site. Under no circumstances shall FindDoc or any FindDoc officer, director, employee, associated or affiliated company, licensor, licensee or supplier be liable in any way in connection with Your use of the FD site, any of the FD site materials or content, the Medical Services or the Services, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, any infringement by any content of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, any medical testing or laboratory results, the dispensing or delivery of medicines or pharmaceuticals or for any losses or damages of any kind arising directly or indirectly out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of the FD site or any website or mobile application linked to the FD site, or the materials or information contained on the FD site or any such website or mobile application.
- Under no circumstances shall FindDoc, its officers, directors, employees or any associated or affiliated company be liable for any punitive, exemplary, consequential, incidental, indirect or special damages (including, without limitation, any personal injury, lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or other data on Your computer or otherwise): (a) arising from or in connection with Your use of the FD site, whether under a theory of breach of contract, negligence, strict liability, malpractice, tort, statutory, equity or otherwise, even if FindDoc have been advised of the possibility of such damages; (b) arising from the failure of any telecommunication infrastructure, or the internet, or (c) caused by any third party service providers including without limitation the Other Service Providers and Courier Service Provider(s).
- You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless FindDoc, its affiliates and associated companies, officers, directors, and employees, from and against any claim, action, cause or action, damages, expenses, cost or liability, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of: (a) the improper use of FD Site or the System by You; (b) any breach by You of any representations, warranties or agreements contained in this Agreement; (c) the actions of any person gaining access to the System under a User ID assigned to You including but not limited to the procurement of or access to Medical Services from Professional Member on the FD Site; and (d) the actions of anyone using a User ID, password or other unique identifier assigned to You that adversely affects the System or any information accessed through the System.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- All intellectual property rights in the Materials, the System and the FD Site (including modifications, upgrades and enhancements and videos, images and text shall be and remain the property of FindDoc and/or its licensors and is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property law. Removing or altering the copyright notice on any Material that appears in the FD Site is strictly prohibited. Nothing contained in the FD Site should be construed as granting any license or other right to You without the express written permission of FindDoc.
- In consideration of the Services, You hereby transfer and assign to FindDoc all right, title and interest in and to all Materials (for avoidance of doubt, excepting your Personal Information and Patient Information) supplied by You to the FD Site.
- You agree that any information You provide to the FD Site, other than Patient Information and Personal Information, is the exclusive property of FindDoc, and by submitting such content or material You assign to FindDoc all intellectual property rights in such content or material. You may provide content or material to the FD Site by participating in forums, discussion groups and the like, or by using the FD Site to create custom templates and the like. You warrant and agree that any material You provide will not infringe on the intellectual property or other rights of others, and will not be otherwise unlawful, infringing, liable defamatory obscene or a violation of law.
REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
- You represent and warrant that:
- You are competent and legally capable of entering into a binding contract; and
- All information You submit on the FD Site and to FindDoc is truthful and accurate and You will ensure the ongoing accuracy of such information.
- You represent and warrant that:
- You agree not to conduct or engage in any of the following during Your use of the FD Site:
- Upload or transmit any communication or content of any type that infringes or violates any rights of any party;
- Use, modify, sell, assign or transfer the content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, post, transmit or otherwise use the FD Site or any of its contents in any way for any public or commercial purpose;
- Reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile any software included in the content;
- Use the FD Site for any purpose in violation of local or international laws;
- Use the FD Site as a means to distribute or post advertising or other unsolicited material to any third party;
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely represent Your identification or affiliation;
- Distribute viruses or other harmful computer code;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others;
- Promote, encourage, or engage in defamatory, harassing, abusive, or otherwise objectionable behaviour on the FD Site;
- Interfere with the operation of the FD Site;
- Copy or distribute in any medium any part of the FD Site;
- Use the Service or FD Site to cause nuisance, annoyance or inconvenience;
- Impair the proper operation of the network;
- Try to harm the System or FD Site in any way whatsoever;
- Copy, or distribute the FD Site or other content without written permission from the Company; and
- Reveal Your account password or any identification we provide to You which allows access to the Service to anyone.
- You agree not to conduct or engage in any of the following during Your use of the FD Site:
- FindDoc reserves the right to suspend or terminate Your access to the FD Site, Your Account and/or Your registration as a Patient Member for any reason at any time. Suspension or termination may occur if You (a) violate any provision of these Terms and Conditions, or (b) if You engage in any conduct that FindDoc believe is offensive to FindDoc staff, violates the rights of FindDoc or any third party, or could in our judgment result in claims or liability against FindDoc.
- Upon Your suspension or termination as set forth in this Section I, Your right to provide any Services or access any information on the FD Site shall immediately cease and FindDoc reserves the right to remove or delete Your information made available to FindDoc. In particular, FindDoc owes no further obligations to You in respect of access to any information or records that You may have stored on the System upon suspension or termination of Your Account.
- It is possible that at the time of suspension or termination Registered Member Physicians may be obligated to provide certain Patient Members with continuing Medical Services under his applicable legal, ethical and professional obligations to them. However, such continuing provision of Medical Services will be provided through means that are not related to FindDoc and FindDoc shall have no connection whatsoever with the continued Medical Services being provided to You.
- Neither Party shall be liable or deemed in default for failure to fulfil any obligation under these Terms and Conditions due to causes beyond its reasonable control. Such causes or conditions shall include, but shall not be limited to, acts of God or of the public enemy, acts of the Government in either its sovereign or contractual capacity, fires, floods, epidemics, quarantine restrictions, strikes, shortages of labor or materials, freight embargoes, unusually severe weather, electrical power failures, telecommunication or internet backbone outages, failure of an internet access provider or other similar causes beyond the Parties' control, and neither Party shall be liable for losses, expenses or damages, ordinary, special, remote or consequential, resulting directly or indirectly from such causes.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- These Terms and Conditions and Your use of the FD Site shall be governed by the laws of the Hong Kong without regard to any conflict of laws principles.
- Any dispute, claim, difference or controversy arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions, including the existence, validity, interpretation, performance, breach or termination thereof, or any dispute relating to non contractual obligations arising out of or in relating to it, including the Services, the provision of Medical Services, the use of the FD Site or the Systems or information to which it gives access, shall be referred to and determined by arbitration administered by the Hong Kong Arbitration Centre (the “HKIAC”).
- The arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with the rules of the HKIAC in force at the time of applying for arbitration. The number of arbitrators conducting the arbitration shall be [one or three]. Unless the Parties agree otherwise, the arbitration shall be conducted in English. The seat of arbitration shall be Hong Kong. The arbitration award rendered by the HKIAC shall be final and binding on all the relevant parties. The arbitration expenses shall be borne by the losing party unless otherwise determined in the award.
COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAWS AND RULES
- You will comply with these Terms and Conditions, FindDoc’s policies and procedures from time to time notified and implemented, and all applicable laws and regulations.
- FindDoc offers no assurance that Your use of the System and the Services under this Agreement will not violate any law or regulation applicable to You.
- FindDoc maintains the FD Site in Hong Kong and makes no representation and expressly disclaims any statement or assurance that the Materials and Services on the FD Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside of Hong Kong. If You access the FD Site outside of Hong Kong, You do so at Your own risk and initiative.
- You agree that FindDoc, FindDoc’s licensors, licensees and service providers, Users and all other persons or entities involved in the operation of the System and functionalities provided through the FD Site, have the right to monitor, retrieve, store, review and use Patient Information, if applicable, in connection with the operation or use of the System, Personal Information and as required for the provision of the Services.
- FindDoc does not assume any responsibility for Your use or misuse of the Materials or other information transmitted, monitored, stored or received while using the FD Site or otherwise, including the receipt and use of Patient Information outside of Hong Kong. FindDoc reserves the right to amend or delete any Material (along with the right to revoke any membership or restrict access to the FD Site and System) that in FindDoc’s sole discretion violates the above.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the Parties with respect to and govern Your use of the FD Site, the System, the Medical Services and the Services, superseding any prior written or oral agreements in relation to the same subject matter herein.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be deleted and the remaining provisions shall remain valid and be enforced.
- The headings of these Terms and Conditions are for reference purposes only and do not in any way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section or the provisions contained therein.
- A Party’s failure to enforce any right or failure to act with respect to any breach by a Party under these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of that right nor a waiver of such Party’s right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
- The provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance (Cap. 623) of the laws of Hong Kong are expressly excluded from these Terms and Conditions and any other documents issued pursuant thereto.
- The Terms and Conditions shall be binding on the successors and permitted assigns of each of the Parties.
- Words in the Terms and Conditions indicating the singular only also include the plural and vice-versa where the context so requires.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION STATEMENT
This Personal Information Collection Statement gives you information that FindDoc is required by the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance ("the Ordinance") and applicable laws to provide to You in relation to the personal data FindDoc may collect from You.
FindDoc may collect Your personal data from time to time in its dealing with You. Depending on the purpose of the collection, the personal data FindDoc may collect from You includes Your (1) Contact Data (such as your e-mail address, phone number and FindDoc password); (2) Demographic Data (such as your gender and your date of birth); (3) Insurance Data (such as your insurance carrier and insurance plan); and (4) Medical Data (such as Your previous doctors and dentists visited, Your reason for visit and your date of visit), and other medical information You choose to share with FindDoc). FindDoc will indicate on the forms collecting the personal data from You which of the data requested on such form is mandatory. If You do not supply the mandatory data, FindDoc may not be able to supply the Services or information in relation to which the data is collected.
Use of personal data
During the term of business operation, the personal data collected by FindDoc may be electronically or manually processed/used by FindDoc for the following purposes within the jurisdictions in which FindDoc and/or data processors conduct businesses, including without limitation:
- processing Your registration or order for Services of FindDoc;
- verifying your identity for access to private contents of FindDoc's website or event of FindDoc or for participating in activities of FindDoc;
- research and customer survey;
- billing and debt collection;
- dealing with your suggestion, enquiry and complaint;
- communicating with You generally;
- subject to the provisions of applicable laws to direct market FindDoc's Services to you.
Transfer of Personal Data
Your personal data held by FindDoc will be kept confidential, but FindDoc may transfer Your personal data to a data processor (e.g. printer, production house, providers of mailing services, cloud servers, storage providers, or a third party who powers FindDoc’s product) engaged by FindDoc to process or handle personal data on its behalf, subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Because the internet is a global environment, You accept and agree that this will include the transfer of Your personal information to other countries and regions around the world.
Rights of Access and Correction to Data Collected
You have a right to (i) request access to; (ii) obtain a copy of; (iii) supplement or request correction of; (iv) request that FindDoc cease the collection, processing, or use of; or (v) request that FindDoc delete Your personal data held by FindDoc. If You wish to exercise your rights, please contact FindDoc's Data Protection Officer by post to 5/F, Lee Garden Three, 1 Sunning Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong. FindDoc will not charge you any fees with this regards.
This Statement may be revised from time to time.
Last Updated on April 1, 2020.
Copyright © 2020 Time Creation Limited. All rights reserved.